Computing Learning - week 2
This week we are learning to give simple instructions to control a device and correct mistakes in instructions. As our real Bee-bots are at school, we are going to practise using Bee-bots on an app which you can download following the links below or type Bee-bots into the app store (apple devices) or GooglePlay (android devices).
For iphones, ipads and macs - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/bee-bot/id500131639
For androids - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tts.beebot&hl=en
What your child will know by the end of their learning:
I can create and correct mistakes (debug) in simple instructions.
Special vocabulary: Instructions, forwards, backwards, left turn, right turn, sequence, edit, test.
- Bee-Bot app
- UK Bee-Bot map
- Bee-bot command sheets
Activity 1: Going over directions
- Look at the direction card from last week. Can you get a toy and move the toy in different directions?
- Have a starting point and an end point in a room at home. Get your toy from one start to end only using directions forwards, backwards, left, right. Say your instructions out loud.
Activity 2: Bee-Bots travels the UK!
- Use the Bee-Bot map of the UK to plan a journey for a Bee-Bot to travel.
- Write you algorithm (set of instructions) on the Bee-Bots command sheet - you can also write it out in your home learning books.
- Have a go at making your own journey for a Bee-Bot. Take your time and remember if you make a mistake, go back a step and correct your instruction. Use the empty command sheet to write your algorithm.
Activity 3: Putting your learning into practise on the Bee-bot app.
- Use the Bee-bot app from last week (instructions in previous week)
- Click on start and choose 'Egyptians'.
- Do levels 1-6. Remember to choose your instructions in the correct order and then click GO so your Bee-bot moves to its final space. Remember if you have made a mistake your Bee-Bot will go a different direction! Take your time and clear your code and try again. It is all about determination 😎.
Have fun! 😄