Introduce new book ‘Snail’
- Talk about the title and author.
- Before reading the book, explain to the children that there are two types of books - fiction and non-fiction.
- The Snail book is a non-fiction book. Fiction books are normally made up stories. Non-fiction books contain facts and information.
- Explain to the children that this week we will be learning information about snails because we have been learning about mini-beasts and looking at the Snail painting by Matisse.
- Talk through the snail description Powerpoint.
- Encourage to your child to think of interesting ways to describe the snails in the pictures.
- Some of you can label the snail's body using our template or you can draw your own snail.
Model an example for your child.
The snail is slimy.
The snail has one foot.