PSHE Jigsaw - Week 1
Topic: Changing me - Please remember that this topic may be sensitive for some children.
What your child will know by the end of their learning:
To understand the life cycles of animals and humans
Understand that changes happen as we grow and this is OK
Changes, life cycle, baby, adulthood
|Learning - PLAN|
1. Remind your child that Jigsaw is their PSHE learning at school and go through the Jigsaw Charter below.
2. Play 'find your pair'. Put out the picture cards and give one card to your child. Get your child to find the correct pair and then discuss how the animal has changed from baby to adult.
3. Calm me time - Your child is familiar with this from our normal lessons. Remind your child that this helps our minds and bodies to calm down so we are ready to learn. Follow the calm me script below. Instead of a chime you can hit 2 metal spoons together.
4. Listen to the jigsaw song 'A New Day' and discuss.
5. Watch the clip of a frog's lifecycle and ask your child how the frogspawn turns into a frog. What do you think happens and in what order?
6. Show your child photos of an adult family member (could be you!) in sequence from a baby to adult. As you show the photos explain that everyone starts as a baby and goes through different stages of growth. Also explain that not everybody grows at the same rate because our bodies are all unique. Reinforce the stages of growth and change the sequence of your photos allowing your child to sequence them correctly.
7. Main activity: Explain what a lifecycle is - this means growing from birth to adulthood. Give your child the life cycle card and get them to group and arrange the order of each stage correctly for each animal.
7. Ask them to give you a thumbs up, thumbs in the middle or thumbs down to show how their learning has gone. You can do this in other lessons too.