Geography Project: Earthquakes and Volcanoes.
Write a newspaper report or a radio scipt reporting on a volcanic eruption or an earthquake.
You can choose any active volcano or earthquake zone that you know and create a report that reflects your knowledge. SAt the bottom of this page you will find some information packs to jog your memory.
- Explain what a volcano or earthquake is
- Describe why it has happened in a particular place (e.g. ring of fire, tectonic plate boundaries)
- Recount the devestation caused
- Evaluate the response and preparation of the people/Government
- Compare this response with other places in the world
- Include quotes from experts and witnesses
- Outline any positives that may come from this and the next steps
- Picture and caption
As an extra task- you could even record yourself reading your report and send it to your teacher to listen to!
- Technical vocabulary (e.g. tectonic plates, ring of fire, parts of a volcano, types of volcano, ash clouds, lava, magma, pumice, lava flows, richter scale, epicenter, human resources, infrastructure, evacuate, survival, response, developed and less developed worlds)